Wednesday, April 6, 2016

An Old Project and New Inspiration

As you may know, I am jumping back into quilting after taking a unintended break.   Since my last post prior to my hiatus, both of my kids have started school.  With that came homework, piano practice, swim lessons, basketball, football, dance, Girl Scouts, etc.  All of that on top of a full time job.  I am sure I am not alone in letting some of the things I enjoy slide so that my kids have a few experiences I know they would enjoy.  The objective now is to find a way to do both!

I am getting back into the groove with this cute hexie which surprisingly reminds me a lot of my rooster.  I even have black chickens that complement the top.  




It is a little wrinkled as I am paper piecing it.  This is my first time paper piecing.  It is made up of 4.75" hexies.  I am really enjoying it so far.  It is nice to be able to pick it up and work on it for a couple of minutes at a time or sit and sew on it while catching up on TV with my hubs.  I am working on getting better at evenly stitching both in my piecing and quilting.  

  
I love the fabric.  My favorite by far is this one with the adorable deer.


My daughter is already asking me who this one is for.  I believe she is going to be a quilt hoarder.  That is one of the things I love so much about quilting.  I am actually making something my family will cherish.  

I am curious, what are your favorite paper pieced quilts?  Any tips for a newbie?

2 comments:

  1. My sister is the "chicken lady" in our family and she inspired my oldest daughter, who has turned into a chicken lady too. :) But you're right - the fabric does remind me of a rooster....how fun is that! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am an unintentional chicken lady. It is funny the things young children can talk you into!

      Delete