Friday, October 12, 2012

Too Precious To Start

Some thing in life are just too important to rush.  Since I finished my daughter's quilt I thought I would get out the quilt top my mom recently gave me to see how big it is.  It was a top my Mom Mom pieced.
As I spread it out over my bed the familiar but long lost smell of my Mom Mom's house greeted me.  Oh the memories!  I just wanted to wrap up in it and feel her close to me again.  I always held her in such wonder.  She passes when I was 17.  Oh how I loved her.  Being in her house and seeing all the beautiful things she made was more awe inspiring than any trip to a museum ever!
In that moment I realized that even though I would love to finish the quilt, I am not ready yet.  You see, I am new to quilting and am not sure I could do it justice yet.  Better to practice and grow in my ability before working on such a special project.  So for now I will fold it back up and store it lovingly.


1 comment:

  1. It's very pretty. As a new quilter myself I can fully appreciate you not wanting to work on it just yet.

    ReplyDelete